A Guide For Teens
General Health Site for Teens
- Overall teen health is dependent on both the body and mind.
- Good health for girls includes hair, skin, and the whole body.
- Many diseases that eventually become fatal to adults begin in childhood and can be prevented by practicing good health habits.
- Teens should take great care with their bodies.
- Teen should be aware of health insurance and what policies will work best for them when they turn 18.
- The best way to maintain a healthy weight is to practice good nutrition and exercise habits.
- Adolescents and teens should be drinking milk in order to build stronger bones.
- The food pyramid is a helpful tool when trying to eat healthy.
- Today's teens are busier than ever, and that can sometimes lead to poor food choices.
- There are many teenagers choosing to become vegetarian, but they must still get the proper vitamins to grow.
- Even though some stress during the teenage years is normal, excessive anxiety for a long period of time may indicate a more serious problem.
- Bipolar disorder can be difficult to diagnose in teenagers, however the manic and depressive swings in mood can be harmful for the teen and all those around.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- The many systems in the body keep it functioning properly, and they all depend on one another.
- Teenage boys encounter many changes in their bodies and minds, as they become mature sexual adults.
- It's important for teens to know and understand the various systems in the body to understand how their body works.
- Teen girls should know the facts and functions of the female reproductive system.
- The body is an amazing creation, and all humans are essentially similar in the way their bodies work.
- Healthy body weight can be determined by the body mass index.
- It is important for kids to participate in sports and physical activity so that they continue with it as teens.
- It is important for all teens to be physically active, but the activity doesn't have to be strenuous.
- Many teen suicides are a result of depression.
- Suicide is one of the highest reasons for death in teens.
- When hormones are coupled with the stress that teens face today, many feel they cannot continue, and they take their own lives.
- There are many risk factors to look for when faced with the possibility that a teen is preparing to commit suicide.
- Suicide is usually traced back to more than one factor.
- Basic first aid is an integral part of babysitting.
- Bee stings and bug bites are two things for which teens may need first aid.
- Teens can train to help other teens in traumatic situations.
- All bodies are different; and that's normal.
- Teens have many questions about sex that they are uncomfortable asking.
- When making decisions about sex, teens need to be aware of the possible consequences of disease.
- Sometimes teens would rather hear from other teens about sexuality; but know the facts.
- Developing character and staying strong are important when making sexual decisions as a teen.
Drugs and Alcohol
- There are long-term negative effects from smoking marijuana.
- Prescription drug abuse in on the rise with teenagers in this country.
- In addition to being illegal for teenagers, adolescent alcohol use can result in long-tern addiction and physical problems.
- Teenagers sometimes abuse alcohol rather than face the stresses and problems of youth.
- When teens try drugs for the first time, they don't anticipate being addicted.